Interurban Depot


Interurban Depot photo of Interurban Depot
This depot and substation served the Grand Rapids, Grand Haven & Muskegon Railway, an electric interurban railroad that operated from 1902 to 1928. A third rail in country and an overhead wire in cities supplied the trains power. Frequent runs made travel possible between cities and outlying communities. The rising popularity of automobiles resulted in the decline of interurbans. The depot is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
 

Registered Site L0199
Erected 1998

Location: 363 Main St
Coopersville, Ottawa County

Topics:
Transportation


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.06385 W85.95358
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.