North Lake Methodist Church


North Lake Methodist Church photo of North Lake Methodist Church
The Reverend Charles Glenn organized the first Methodist class here in 1836, and for the next ten years the group met in the home of his brother, John. In 1846 the brothers presented the congregation with a building which served as both church and school until the present structure was erected in 1866. The former Grange Hall was added to the church in 1925 to serve as an educational and social center. With community help a new building for this purpose was begun in 1971.
 

Registered Site L0193
Erected 1972

Location: 14111 North Territorial Road
Dexter Township, Washtenaw County

Topics:
Methodist Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.385475 W84.009144
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.