Paulson House


Paulson House photo of Paulson House
Swedish pioneer Charles Paulson purchased one hundred acres of land here in 1884 and constructed this cabin for his family home. Built of hand-hewn cedar logs securely dove-tailed at the corners, the house was occupied by Paulson and his wife until their deaths in 1925. At the turn of the century the three Paulson daughters were able to attend the district school which met in the upper story. Today the restored Paulson House serves as a museum of pioneer life.
 

Registered Site L0176
Erected 1972

Location: South of Au Train USFS Road 2278
Au Train Township, Alger County

Topics:
Historic Homes
Museums


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N46.4064098 W86.8511724
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.