Ella Sharp Museum


Ella Sharp Museum photo of Ella Sharp Museum
In 1855 Abraham Wing purchased this farm for his widowed daughter, Mary. Within a year she married Dwight Merriman, and under her guidance, "Hillside" became a model farm, with over 600 acres of orchards and cultivated fields. In 1881 their first and only surviving child, Ella, married John C. Sharp, attorney and later state senator. Ella died in 1912, leaving the farm to the city of Jackson as a park. The house was opened as a museum in 1965.
 

Registered Site L0147
Erected 1975

Location: 3225 Fourth Street
Jackson, Jackson County

Topics:
Historic Homes
Museums


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.2149389 W84.4178777
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.