Capitol Hill School


Capitol Hill School photo of Capitol Hill School
This 1860 building is the last of three Gothic Revival schools in Marshall. The name comes from its location on a site proposed for the Michigan state capitol. Donated to the Marshall Historical Society by the Board of Education in 1967, it is today a children's museum with a restored nineteenth century classroom. It is listed in the Historic American Buildings Survey and the National Register of Historic Places.
 

Registered Site L0113
Erected 1973

Location: 603 Washington Street
Marshall, Calhoun County

Topics:
Museums
Schools


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.26487 W84.950357
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.