Fort Street Presbyterian Church


Fort Street Presbyterian Church photo of Fort Street Presbyterian Church
Second Presbyterian Church was organized in 1849 by the Reverend Robert K. Kellogg and twenty-six charter members. The present limestone building dedicated in 1855, was designed by Octavius and Albert Jordan in Gothic Revival style. Renamed Fort Street Presbyterian Church, it has survived two severe fires, in 1876 and 1914. Still substantially unchanged, it is one of Detroit's oldest churches.
 

Registered Site L0101
Erected 1971

Location: 631 West Fort
Detroit, Wayne County

Topics:
Presbyterian Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.327643 W83.054101
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.