Grace Episcopal Church


Grace Episcopal Church photo of Grace Episcopal Church
William N. Lyster, Irish-born missionary, preached in Jonesville in 1836, and Darius Barker organized the parish in 1838. A church featuring Classical and Gothic styling was begun in 1844 and consecrated by Bishop Samuel McCoskry in 1848. Panelling and furniture made from black walnut are still in place. William Walton Murphy, a founder and vestryman, was Abraham Lincoln's consul-general to the German city of Frankfort.
 

Registered Site L0084
Erected 1972

Location: 360 East Chicago Street
Jonesville, Hillsdale County

Topics:
Episcopal Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N41.984296 W84.660756
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.