St. Stephen's


St. Stephen's photo of St. Stephen
This building is one of the oldest Episcopal churches in Michigan. St. Stephen's parish was organized in 1844, and construction of the church began almost immediately. Hiram Raymond of Hamburg was the contractor, and building funds were solicited in the East and in Europe. Donations were received from Hamburg, Germany, the native city of some of the parishioners. The clean delicate lines of the church and the interesting tower make this one of the state's most intriguing churches.
 

Registered Site L0078
Erected 1970

Location: 10585 Hamburg Road
Hamburg, Livingston County

Topics:
Episcopal Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.44938 W83.801104
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.