Trinity Church


Trinity Church photo of Trinity Church
Episcopal services on Mackinac Island date from 1837, when a Bishop preached in the Mission Church. For many years the congregation met in the post Chapel at Fort Mackinac and in the Court House. In 1873 a parish was organized, and in 1882 this church building was constructed. Its furnishings include an altar of hand-carved walnut, and two chancel chairs made by soldiers at the fort.
 

Registered Site L0073
Erected 1968

Location: Fort Street at Market
Mackinac Island, Mackinac County

Topics:
Episcopal Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N45.8506021 W84.6182119
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.