Township Hall


Township Hall photo of Township Hall
Designed by Charles H. Peale and built in 1883 near the site were the earliest white settler, Adam Wadsworth had lived, the Elk Rapids Township Hall has served as a social and political center for over ninety years. Largely due to lumbering and related industries, the village was the most important economic force in the area. Located on Grand Traverse Bay, the prosperous community needed a permanent meeting place. Thus this hall was erected and has hosted theatrical, patriotic, school and township activities.
 

Registered Site L0059
Erected 1979

Location: River St.
Elk Rapids, Antrim County

Topics:
Public Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N44.8974862 W85.4159545
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.