Sashabaw United Presbyterian Church


Sashabaw United Presbyterian Church photo of Sashabaw United Presbyterian Church
This church structure, one of the oldest in the Detroit Presbytery, was erected by a church building society which was organized on January 20, 1855. A fine example of the classic New England church, it was built and furnished for $3,000. It was dedicated in June, 1856, as the house of worship for the First Presbyterian Church of Independence. The congregation had been organized in 1849 under the Plan of Union as the Church of Orion and Independence. Because of a small membership, the church in 1932 was dissolved. When Sashabaw United Presbyterian Church was organized in 1946, this building became its house of worship. The original steeple was restored and the building carefully preserved.
 

Registered Site L0038
Erected 1965

Location: 5331 Maybee Road
Clarkston, Oakland County

Topics:
Presbyterian Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.7194617 W83.3623373
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.