First Presbyterian Church


First Presbyterian Church photo of First Presbyterian Church
Organized Feb. 26, 1824, by four men and nine women under the leadership of Missionary Eldad Goodman at John Voorheis' home in Bloomfield Township, the congregation met during its early years in Pontiac and for a time in Auburn. In 1844, a brick church, 40' x 70', on the northwest corners of Huron and Saginaw was completed. In 1868, members subscribed funds for a building on the present site. It burned in 1914. The present church was begin in 1918 and was dedicated in 1924.
 

Registered Site L0014
Erected 1961

Location: West Huron and Wayne Streets
Pontiac, Oakland County

Topics:
Presbyterian Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.6387161 W83.2942119
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.