First Baptist Church


First Baptist Church photo of First Baptist Church
The First Baptist Church, the oldest church in Battle Creek, was organized in April, 1835, with 19 charter members. Meetings were held in the log schoolhouse the first few years. The present site was bought from Sands McCamley in 1843 for $2275. The first building, completed in 1850, was replaced in 1871 by the present structure at a cost of $26,500. Many members signed notes for the indebtedness. In 1957 an educational building was erected. The church was remodeled in 1959.
 

Registered Site L0009
Erected 1960

Location: 80 East Michigan Avenue
Battle Creek, Calhoun County

Topics:
Baptist Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.317124 W85.180447
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.