St. Thomas Episcopal Church


St. Thomas Episcopal Church photo of St. Thomas Episcopal Church
In 1839 Battle Creek's first Episcopal service was conducted. Regular services were held in the schoolhouse after 1841 by the Rev. Montgomery Schuyler, then Rector at Marshall. In appreciation he was given a team of horses. In 1842 Bishop Samuel McCoskry confirmed six candidates, and a parish was organized. A brick building on this site was consecrated on June 11, 1848. It was replaced by the present edifice thirty years later.
 

Registered Site L0006
Erected 1959

Location: 72 Capital Avenue NE
Battle Creek, Calhoun County

Topics:
Episcopal Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.320369 W85.180313
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.