Methodism in Battle Creek


Methodism in Battle Creek photo of Methodism in Battle Creek
The first Methodist class in this area met in the home of Daniel Thomas in 1833. Three years later services were being held in the log schoolhouse. In 1841 the first structure for religious services in the village was built by Methodists 150 feet to the north. On this site a brick edifice with a spire and tower was built in 1859. The sanctuary could seat 600 and had a large pipe organ. The present building, entirely new, was completed in 1908.
 

Registered Site L0005
Erected 1959

Location: 114 East Michigan Avenue
Battle Creek, Calhoun County


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.322293 W85.185404
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.