St. Katherine's Chapel


St. Katherine's Chapel photo of St. Katherine
This building was erected about 1887 for John Forster, an early surveyor in the Lake Superior Copper Country. In 1888 the chapel, named in memory of Forster's daughter Kitty, was presented to the Protestant Episcopal Diocese of Michigan. Simple in design and workmanship, the chapel seems to be the work of an unsophisticated country builder. The interior is completely paneled with naturally finished pine with black accents.
 

Registered Site HB52
Erected 1969

Location: 4650 Meridian Road
Williamston, Ingham County

Topics:
Episcopal Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.71707 W84.363428
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.