Grand Hotel


Grand Hotel photo of Grand Hotel
Opened on July 10, 1887, the Grand Hotel was built by the Grand Rapids & Indiana and Michigan Central Railroads and the Detroit & Cleveland Navigation Company through the efforts of Sen. Francis B. Stockbridge. It is built of Michigan white pine. With its magnificent colonial porch, longest in the world, it is a classic example of gracious living seldom seen today. One of the outstanding landmarks on the Great Lakes, it is the world's largest summer hotel.
 

Registered Site HB10
Erected 1958

Location: West Bluff
Mackinac Island, Mackinac County

Topics:
Hotels and Inns


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N45.850678787 W84.62478876
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.