Mission Church


Mission Church photo of Mission Church
This is one of Michigan's oldest Protestant churches. It was built in 1829-30 by the Presbyterian flock of Rev. Wm. Ferry, founder in 1823 of a nearby Indian mission. Robert Stuart and Henry Schoolcraft were lay leaders. About 1838 private owners bought the building. It is judged Michigan's best example of Colonial church style.
 

Registered Site HB03
Erected 1957

Location: Huron Street at Truscott
Mackinac Island, Mackinac County

Topics:
Churches and Religious Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N45.849727844 W84.60876792
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.