John Isaac Cutler House

John Isaac Cutler House John Isaac Cutler House
In 1853, John and Christina Cutler and their ten children came to this area from New York and founded the town of Cutlerville. In 1891, Cutler's son John Isaac built a three-story brick house. The interior was embellished with hardwood and heated by a gas furnace. In 1910 the Cutlers sold the home and farm to what became the Pine Rest Christian Hospital Association. The former residence was its first treatment center. In 1979 it was restored and renamed The Homestead.

Registered Site L1575
Erected 1989

Location: 300 68th Street SE
Gaines Township, Kent County

Log Number: 898

Home
 
© 1991-2011 James Brennan. All rights reserved.