Trinity Episcopal Church [Caro]

Trinity Episcopal Church [Caro] Trinity Episcopal Church [Caro]
This skillfully designed board and batten Gothic Revival church, first served local Episcopalians in 1880. The congregation had been formed in 1871, the year the town was incorporated. During the 1870s Caro grew to be a major commerce center for the Thumb Area. By the 1920s, however, church membership dropped and the building was sold to the Nazarenes. In 1974 preservationists saved the church from demolition.

Registered Site L0359
Erected 1975

Location: 106 Joy Street
Caro, Tuscola County

Home
 
© 1991-2011 James Brennan. All rights reserved.