Michelson Memorial United Methodist Church
In 1882, residents of Grayling built the town's first church for the Methodist Episcopal congregation that had organized in 1879. In 1918, local lumberman Nels Michelson donated funds to erect a large brick church in honor of his late wife Margrethe. The old church served as a hospital during the 1918 -1919 flu epidemic. After fire destroyed the new brick church in 1923, Michelson donated funds to build this church, which was dedicated in 1925.