Methodist Episcopal Church
"Circuit riding" ministers brought Methodism to Williamston during the 1850s. The congregation organized in 1859 and built a small church on this site in 1871. The growing membership set about building a new church in 1896. The sanctuary of this church was dedicated on October 10, 1897. Lightning struck the steeple in 1919 and much later the bell tower was removed. In 1899 the church interior was restored.