In 1843 New York natives Alfred and Ruth Paddock migrated to Concord Township. Within two years they erected this Greek Revival house, reminiscent of those in their home state. A prominent merchant, Alfred Paddock (1805 - 1870) owned and operated one of Concord's first flour mills. He served as township supervisor from 1844 to 1849 and in the Michigan State Senate from 1853 to 1854. In 1854 the Paddocks hosted Concord's first meeting of the Universalist Society in this house.
In February 1897 Truman and Cora Hubbard rented this house from the Paddock family, and eventually purchased the property in 1902. Truman Hubbard served on the Concord village council from 1918 to 1933. In 1953 his farm east of Concord was the site of the first producing oil well in Jackson County. In 1986 the Hubbard's daughter Marion McFarlane (1909 - 1991) founded the Hubbard Memorial Museum Foundation so that her family's home would become a museum following her death.