This High Victorian Gothic, auditorium-plan church was constructed in 1880 - 81. Because this church so closely resembles the Constantine Methodist Episcopal Church,
designed by the Grand Rapids architectural firm of Robinson and Barnaby, it is believed to have been the work of the same firm. John R. Simmons, a Scottish woodworker from nearby Girard, reportedly built the church. The church was dedicated on August 28, 1881.