Amos Woodruff / Amos Woodruff House
The Amos and Eliza Woodruff family migrated from Massachusetts to the Flushing area about 1845. During the next five years Woodruff purchased several parcels of land on River Road. In 1852 he acquired this land, which was part of an eighty-acre tract. A prosperous farmer and landowner, Woodruff was a civic leader who contributed to the development of Flushing. He was one of the founders of the Flushing Cemetery Association in 1847, served as a township highway commissioner and was a founding elder of the Flushing Presbyterian Church.
Amos Woodruff House
Massachusetts natives Amos and Eliza Woodruff built this house shortly after purchasing an eighty-acre parcel of land here in 1852. The Woodruff's owned large tracts of property in the township, becoming one of the areas wealthiest farmers by 1850. The Greek Revival house retains original details including the interior window surrounds and exterior pilasters. The front porch was built in the early twentieth century; several additions were constructed later.