Methodist Episcopal Church
This congregation dates from 1849, when people worshipped in log barracks within Fort Gratiot. Known as the Mission of Fort Gratiot, it was served by circuit riders until 1859 when the Reverend Samuel Clemens began his tenure. The present church building comprises one erected in 1866, and named Gratiot Park Methodist Episcopal Church, as well as contemporary additions. In 1968 the church was formally renamed the Gratiot Park United Methodist Church.