Built around the turn of the century as the Ramona Park Hotel, this building initially included the tower, lobby, dining area, and about thirty guest rooms. The large east wing was added in 1929. The history of the inn reflect the growth of Harbor Springs as a resort area. Called Little Traverse until 1881, Harbor Springs had small but flourishing lumbering and fishing industries in the latter half of the nineteenth century. Its deep harbor, pollen-free air, and scenic woods attracted summer residents. After the lumbering boom ended, seasonal dwellers and tourists continued to frequent the village which incorporated as a city in 1932. Two nearby ski areas opened in the 1950s bringing winter visitors. Renamed the Harbour Inn in 1962, this hotel, originally a summer resort, now operates year-round.
Registered Site L0355
1157 Beach Rd
Harbor Springs, Emmet County Topics:Hotels and InnsHome
Latitude: 45.427622, Longitude: -84.971197