Settlement on Pine Lake, now Lake Lansing, began in the 1830s, but real growth came after the opening of the Chicago and Northwestern Railroad in 1877. Easy access prompted the Nemoka Spritual Association to begin in 1833 the first of a long series of summer camp meetings. James H. Haslett was a leader of this group, and in 1895 the village was renamed in his honor. In the early part of the twentieth century the Lake Lansing area became Lansing's summer vacation and entertainment haven.
Registered Site L0154
Haslett Road east of Marsh
Haslett, Ingham County Topics:Cities and TownsHome
Latitude: 42.7463818, Longitude: -84.4005775