Ella Sharp Museum
In 1855 Abraham Wing purchased this farm for his widowed daughter, Mary. Within a year she married Dwight Merriman, and under her guidance, "Hillside" became a model farm, with over 600 acres of orchards and cultivated fields. In 1881 their first and only surviving child, Ella, married John C. Sharp, attorney and later state senator. Ella died in 1912, leaving the farm to the city of Jackson as a park. The house was opened as a museum in 1965.