State Bar of Michigan


State Bar of Michigan photo of State Bar of Michigan
The State Bar of Michigan was established by the legislature in 1935 as an organization dedicated to improving the administration of justice and the delivery of legal services. Every lawyer licensed to practice in Michigan is required to be a member. The organization is under the supervision of the Michigan Supreme Court. Before 1935 lawyers could join the Michigan State Bar Association which was organized in 1890. The State Bar made this building its headquarters in 1959. A four-story addition was completed in 1979. The State Bar of Michigan's guiding principle, expressed by its first president Robert P. Hudson, is "No organization of lawyers can long survive which has not for its primary object the protection of the public."
 

Registered Site S0588
Erected 1987

Location: 306 Townsend Street
Lansing, Ingham County

Topics:
Clubs and Organizations


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.731142 W84.555507
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.