Hastings Mutual Insurance Company


Hastings Mutual Insurance Company photo of Hastings Mutual Insurance Company
On April 5, 1885, the Michigan Mutual Tornado, Cyclone, and Windstorm Insurance Company became the first mutual windstorm company incorporated by the state of Michigan. Starting in a one-room office above Grant's store, the company occupied and outgrew five sites in Hastings. Locally the firm was called the Windstorm Company, while out of town it was known as the Hastings Company. In 1920, its name was formally changed to the Michigan Mutual Windstorm Insurance Company. On January 15, 1959, the company became a general mutual, taking the name Hastings Mutual Insurance Company. Over the years, the firm has expanded to write policies for commercial, home, and farm property, workers compensation, automobile, and marine insurance.
 

Registered Site S0561
Erected 1984

Location: 404 East Woodlawn Ave.
Hastings, Barry County

Topics:
Business & Industry


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.660787 W85.283127
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.