Packard Motor Car Company


Packard Motor Car Company
The Packard Motor Car Company, which built Detroit's first, and for many years most prestigious, luxury cars, built of 1.5 million vehicles on this site from 1903 to 1954. The factory complex, designed by Albert Kahn, included the city's first use of reinforced concrete for industrial construction. At its opening, it was considered the most modern automobile manufacturing facility in the world. Its skilled craftsmen practiced over eighty trades.
 

Other buildings designed by Albert Kahn



Registered Site S0546
Erected 1982

Location: 1580 East Grand Blvd
Detroit, Wayne County

Topics:
Auto Industry
Missing Markers

Evidence indicates that this Marker is no longer in place.


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.3786025 W83.0273026
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.