Isaac E. Crary House


Isaac E. Crary House photo of Isaac E. Crary House
Michigan's first congressman lived here from the early 1840's until his death in 1854. Located on lots one and two, original plat, lower village, the house was a wedding gift from his father-in-law, Judge Abner Pratt. Arriving here in 1831, Crary was a member of Michigan's first constitutional convention. He was three times elected to congress, and twice to the legislature. In 1961 the building became the office of Marshall Savings and Loan Assn.
 

Registered Site S0397
Erected 1973

Location: 107 North Park Street
Marshall, Calhoun County

Topics:
Historic Homes


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.272158 W84.963396
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.