Evans House


Evans House photo of Evans House
Musgrove Evans built this dwelling in 1826. It is the oldest frame house in Tecumseh and believed to be the oldest still standing in Lenawee County. Evans was a pioneer settler in this area. He platted the the village of Tecumseh, served as its first postmaster and probate judge, and helped organize Michigan's first temperance society. Used as an inn and home, the Evans House was moved to this location in 1886 from the northeast corner of Ottawa Street and Chicago Boulevard. However, its appearance has changed little over the years.
 

Registered Site S0351
Erected 1960

Location: 409 East Logan
Tecumseh, Lenawee County

Topics:
Historic Homes


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.005473 W83.940018
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.