Seventh-day Adventists


Seventh-day Adventists photo of Seventh-day Adventists
Battle Creek is closely identified with Adventist history. The first church built by Seventh-day Adventists was erected here in 1855 and the General Conference organized in 1863. The denomination's first world headquarters, publishing house, sanitarium, school, and college were in Battle Creek. The "Dime" Tabernacle, seating 3,200, built on this site in 1878 with contributions from members throughout the nation, burned in 1922 and was replaced in 1924 by this building.
 

Registered Site S0218
Erected 1960

Location: Washington at Van Buren
Battle Creek, Calhoun County

Topics:
Churches and Religious Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.3247298 W85.1905202
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.