Covington Township


Covington Township photo of Covington Township
After demolishing its original hall, Covington Township built this hall on the same site in 1934 with support from the Civil Works Administration, a program created to alleviate the Great Depression. The Hall became a center for community life and local government. It provided classrooms for the school when needed. In 1986 township offices moved to a newly-opened multi-purpose building on M-28. The Covington Historical Society converted the Hall into a museum in 1997.
 

Registered Site L2291
Erected 2016

Location: 13381 Center St
Covington, Baraga County

Topics:
Public Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N46.541996862 W88.53731088
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2017 James Brennan. All rights reserved.