Juniata House


Juniata House photo of Juniata House
In 1851, Patrick McGlone (1810 -1884) settled near here. Later, he built a one-story building that he names "Juniata House" where he provided lodging and food for travelers, as well as "good Barns" stocked "with hay and grain." His family served travelers for fourteen years. They sold the house in 1898. Two other families lived there before Eugene Leonard purchased in in 1910. He completed the two-story addition in 1915. In 2002, the Leonard family donated the Greek Revival style house to the Watrousville-Caro Area Historical Society.
 

Registered Site L2259
Erected 2014

Location: 4570 West Caro Rd
Watrousville, Tuscola County

Topics:
Historic Homes
Hotels and Inns


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.452233502 W83.52493286
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.