Fairman Bulding


Fairman Bulding photo of Fairman Bulding
Banker Ferdinand Fairman (1833-1902) built this structure in 1880-81. The upper floors housed offices, and the basement and first floor offered a variety of commercial businesses, including a combined tobacco store -- billiard hall and Fairman's bank. The block was designed and built by Crocker and Hudnutt of Big Rapids. Fairman closed his bank in 1889, but opened a new one in 1896 after the Panic of 1893 left the city without a bank.
 

Registered Site L2202
Erected 2009

Location: 102-106 S. Michigan Ave.
Big Rapids, Mecosta County

Topics:
Commercial Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.697789606 W85.48213005
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.