Independent Congregational Church


Independent Congregational Church photo of Independent Congregational Church
Congregationalists joined Presbyterians in organizing a church in 1836. When a split occurred in 1883, they formed the Independent Congregational Church. Chicago architect Joseph C. Llewwllyn designed this Neo-classical church, built in 1907, to accommodate 800 people. Weekly radio broadcasts of Sunday services, begun by the Reverend Doctor Carleton Brooks Miller in 1930, continued into the twenty-first century.
 

Registered Site L2199
Erected 2008

Location: 145 Capital Ave NE
Battle Creek, Calhoun County

Topics:
Churches and Religious Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.321895973 W85.17764300
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.