E. S. Swayze Drugstore


E. S. Swayze Drugstore photo of E. S. Swayze Drugstore
E. S. Swayze opened a drugstore on this site prior to 1870. When the store burned in 1874, Swayze built this one. Members of the Free Methodist Church used the second-floor meeting hall for services from 1887 to 1890. In 1903 Masonic Lodge #401 and the Order of the Eastern Star bought the building which they owned until 1970. This intact commercial building is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
 

Registered Site L2180
Erected 2010

Location: 107 East Main Street
Otisville, Genesee County

Topics:
Commercial Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.166445119 W83.52378487
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.