Fractional District No. 3 School


Fractional District No. 3 School photo of Fractional District No. 3 School
Seneca Township children attended school here, on the Wilson Farm, as early as 1857. As school inspector, Simon Wilson oversaw construction and maintenance of schools for fifteen years. In 1899 his son Charles sold land to the district, and this school was built. Here, students received grades for deportment, in addition to subjects like agriculture and penmanship. The school closed when Morenci schools consolidated in 1955.
 

Registered Site L2159
Erected 2006

Location: M-156
Seneca Township, Lenawee County

Topics:
Schools


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N41.753353420 W84.22358393
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.