W.W. Fairbairn


W.W. Fairbairn photo of W.W. Fairbairn
Walter W Fairbairn came to Alanson in 1888 as a government surveyor. He worked as a blacksmith in Detroit and lived in North Dakota before settling permanently in Alanson in 1892. Three years later, he established a hardware and plumbing business in this building, which also housed the post office. Fairbairn, and later his descendants served customers throughout the area. The structure has pressed metal siding, which was popular during the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.
 

Registered Site L2139
Erected 2004

Location: 7537 Burr Ave
Alanson, Emmet County

Topics:
Commercial Buildings
Prominent People


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N45.441666 W84.788554
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.