Trinity Lutheran Church


Trinity Lutheran Church photo of Trinity Lutheran Church
In 1880 many Germans left Milwaukee and settled in Manistee County. Among them was lumberman Henry Starke, who vowed to return to Wisconsin in no Lutheran church could be found. Instead he helped to organize this congregation in 1881, and he platted Arcadia the same year. In 1887 Starke donated land and money for this Neo-Gothic church, completed in 1888. The complex grew to include a parsonage, a school and a teacherage.
 

Registered Site L2118
Erected 2002

Location: 17193 Third St.
Arcadia, Manistee County

Topics:
Churches and Religious Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N44.49246 W86.23596
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.