Paw Paw Public Library


Paw Paw Public Library photo of Paw Paw Public Library
This building opened as the Paw Paw Library on June 26, 1920. Jackson architect Claire Allen designed the library, as well as the nearby county courthouse. Pennsylvania industrialist Andrew Carnegie donated ten thousand dollars toward construction and required Paw Paw citizens to contribute forty-five hundred dollars and commit to long-term maintenance. In 1991 the library relocated. This building reopened as the Carnegie Community Center in 1995.
 

Registered Site L2114
Erected 2002

Location: 129 South Kalamazoo Street
Paw Paw, Van Buren County

Topics:
Public Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.21733 W85.890896
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.