Hamilton Grange Hall


Hamilton Grange Hall photo of Hamilton Grange Hall
Local farmers organized Hamilton Grange No. 355 in 1874 and built this hall the following year. Lacking a town center, area residents congregated at the hall, which hosted elections and rallies as well as school programs, church services, funeral, lectures, and parties. By 1897 No. 355 was among the largest granges in the state and hosted annual fairs on land adjacent to the hall. When the grange disbanded in 1977, this building became the Hamilton Township Hall.
 

Registered Site L2111
Erected 2002

Location: 84040 County Rd 215
Decatur, Van Buren County

Topics:
Parks


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.113558 W86.050259
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.