White Lake Township Hall


White Lake Township Hall photo of White Lake Township Hall
White Lake Township's first white settler, Harley Olmstead, came here from New York State in 1830. The township was set off in 1836. Beginning around 1837 daily stagecoaches and wagons hauling lumber traveled along the old White Lake Road, part of the main route between Grand Rapids and Detroit. This town hall was built on land donated in 1875 by Charles and Elizabeth Porter. When township offices moved in 1949, it became a community center.
 

Registered Site L2106
Erected 2002

Location: 7500 Highland Road
White Lake Township, Oakland County

Topics:
Public Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.6491038 W83.5125732
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.