Cleveland Park Pavilion


Cleveland Park Pavilion photo of Cleveland Park Pavilion
In 1930 automobile pioneer Harry M. Jewett donated twenty acres of land and money to Rose City for a park. By July 1931 local businessmen had create the park with tourist cabins, a baseball diamond and this pavilion. The Ogemaw County Herald hailed the park as "second to none in the state and other parts of the country." The Cleveland Park Pavilion, with its stone chimney and four stoves, continues to serve as an open air kitchen and dining hall.
 

Registered Site L2092
Erected 2001

Location: Cleveland Park
Rose City, Ogemaw County

Topics:
Parks


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N44.4244939 W84.1118001
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.