Joseph and Mary Hall House


Joseph and Mary Hall House photo of Joseph and Mary Hall House
Local builder Nathan Johnson built this house around 1845 for Charlotte's first physician, Joseph R. Hall, and his wife, Mary. The house was moved from the business district to this site in 1868. Many professionals lived here including veterinarians Betty Wright Rann, and her husband, Richard, who built a clinic at the rear of the house in 1950. Betty Rann was one of the nation's first female licensed large-animal veterinarians.
 

Photo courtesy of Ralph Huss.

Registered Site L2076
Erected 2000

Location: 320 West Harris Avenue
Charlotte, Eaton County

Topics:
Historic Homes


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.564906 W84.838854
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.