Baumgartner House


Baumgartner House photo of Baumgartner House
A native of Bavaria, John Baumgartner purchased this property in Erin Township in 1856, becoming one of Fraser's first landowners. Around 1866 he and his wife, Samantha, moved here with the first three of their seven children. In 1875 they erected this house in the Rundbogenstil (round arch mode), a German architectural style popularized in the United States from the 1840s through the 1860s. The round windows, square plan and perfect symmetry reflect the style. The farm included outbuildings and orchards.
 

Registered Site L1957
Erected 1996

Location: 18577 Masonic
Fraser, Macomb County

Topics:
Historic Homes


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.532011 W82.930028
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.