Blake's Opera House


Blake's Opera House photo of Blake
Constructed in 1884 as a roller skating rink, this building was purchase by Peter Blake and opened as Blake's Opera House in 1886. Here audiences enjoyed talent shows, vaudeville, silent movies and athletic contests. Between 1928 and 1984, the Stephens and Mapes families used the building as a furniture store. The Mapes family donated the building for a community center. It was restored by the Grand Ledge Historical Society and the chamber of commerce.
 

Registered Site L1943
Erected 2000

Location: 121 S. Bridge Street
Grand Ledge, Eaton County

Topics:
Theaters, Halls, and Arenas


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.755091 W84.74311
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.